See what else I'm up to > > > >


Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blog Awards!

I have received a couple of awards lately!  I am very thankful for them and I happily accept them.  I'll put two of them up today and the other one, tomorrow.

The Versatile Blogger


What can I say?  I'm flattered.  I really do try to keep Dry Humor Daily interesting.  I'm glad someone else thinks so, too.  This is from my blogger friend, Jess.  Thank you for the award and thank you for the nostalgia I often get from reading your blog.







I actually got two of these bad boys.  (Kind of drives a point home, doesn't it?)  I am equally happy for both of them.  This one comes from Cyn, over at Quintessence.  Check out her blog, too.








So now I have to say seven things about myself and then pass on the award to 15 other versatile bloggers.  (This is going to cover for both awards.)

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy.  More specifically, the small ones.
2. I really like Malcolm Gladwell's books.
3. I'm from Texas (I'm still there, actually) and I play ice hockey on a recreational league.  Weird, huh?
4. I play the piano.  I have been for about as long as I could push a button.
5. My fiance and I are like a mini Brady Bunch.  I have a child from a previous relationship and so does she.
6. I'm a one-beer kind of guy.  I can honestly say that I typically drink pretty much any alcohol for its taste.  My favorite beer?  Fat Tire.
7. I worked for Starbucks for almost 3 years and I was a Coffee Ambassador.  (It's kind of like the Knights of the Round Table, except for coffee.)  Now, I work for a software company.

So about those 15 other bloggers.  I bestow the Versatile Blogger award to the following bloggers.  Check them out.  I don't just put anyone up here.  :)

1. This Freckled Lemonade , 2. Melanie's Randomness , 3. Diary of a Fair Weather Diver , 4. Little Lost Soul , 5. Dibbly Fresh , 6. Inside The Mind of Booya , 7. Arguing With a Donut , 8. From the STUPIDEST Corner of My Mind , 9. Simply Kate , 10. Overserved and Undertall , 11. Mi Vida en Buenos Aires , 12. Northwest Betty , 13. Thank Goodness For The Good Ones , 14. Fantasy Casting , and 15. Red Pen, Inc.


10 comments:

Kate Weber said...

Aw! Thank you for the award! You're so sweet! I've already got this one, but I'll definitely leave a shout out to you on my blog soon! :D

Cole Garrett said...

Ah, well Kate, even though you have this one, it's your first Versatile Blogger from ME. :)

StephanieC said...

So you are practically KNIGHTED!?!

Congrats on the blog awards. I've only been offered three... the first was a "lovely" blogger award and the last was a "gold framed blog dog" award.

I guess, in some ways, that still means I am versatile, right? lol

AmberLaShell said...

Congrats on the awards, it's always nice to know people like your blog... So, you play ice hockey, tell me, why did they close the dr pepper center in cedar hill, the rumors are bad

Rease said...

Wow, flattered! I'll do this this weekend. Thanks!
Ps- I love ice hockey and it doesn't exist here. I have to check up on my favourite team (STL Blues) online.

Cole Garrett said...

@ Amber You know, I'm not sure. I know pretty much what you do: that they closed it, and it's unsure why.

@Rease Your welcome. Sorry you don't have ice hockey down there. It's surprising to me that they even have it in Texas.

Leigh said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Congrats on the awards :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the awards!! :D

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Congrats!

Betty said...

Thanks for the award! And sorry it took me so long to respond!

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily