See what else I'm up to > > > >


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

...And Rachel McAdams Wears Prada, Too


. . . And Rachel McAdams Wears Prada, Too

This was not by any means intentional.  The TV was on (I wasn’t really watching it) and a trailer played for an upcoming romantic comedy.  Guess who wrote it:


(If you read yesterday’s post, it wouldn’t be all that hard to guess…)

I could hardly believe my ears.  I was just making fun of how silly it sounded to promote a movie by flaunting its screenwriters.  Lo and behold!  Here comes a movie called Morning Glory.  (Boy howdy, they are reeeeeeeeeally proud of the work they did on The Devil Wears Prada!) 

To be completely honest, Morning Glory stars Harrison Ford (usually worth seeing) and Rachel McAdams (always worth seeing ;)), and I wouldn’t be totally against watching it.  Even though I’m a guy and this movie is a romantic comedy, it’s still a romantic comedy.  Who can say "no" to comedy?  Right?  (I'll keep telling myself that.)



You know, Prada has deep roots in American film making, as well.  It's no surprise that marketers flash it around every chance they get.  I believe that in this case, it has finally come full circle, too.  Remember Star Wars?  Harrison Ford was in that, too (as a youngin', of course).  Who else was in Star Wars?  Darth Vader.  Any idea what kind of boots Vader was wearing?  That's right:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all makes sense now! Prada must be the true source of The Force.

AmberLaShell said...

I wonder why they didn't say, from the screen writers of 27 dresses??? hmmm, oh well, I love prada anyway,,, and rachel mcadams

AmberLaShell said...

Oh, and BTW you won an award on my blog, stop by to grab it... :) amberlashell.com

Leigh said...

I saw a preview for this film the other day, and it actually looks really good. I love Rachel McAdams!

the Tsaritsa said...

Darth Vader had awesome style.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily