See what else I'm up to > > > >


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Google Makes Me Laugh


Google Makes Me Laugh

I use Google Chrome as my web browser.  After the first couple of days of trying it, I was hooked.  I downloaded Chrome on all both of my computers and never looked back.  It works wonderfully with Gmail, it’s fast, and it’s very user friendly.  (There’s one website that I use at work that doesn’t like Chrome, however, so I do sometimes have to stoop to Internet Explorer.  And I mean “stoop” in a loving way.) 

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s perfect.  If it were, no one at Google would have a job.  Chrome bombed on me the other day, mind you, only for about 2 minutes.  I launched the browser and tried new tabs, but this was all I got:



“Aw, Snap!”?  I couldn’t help but laugh.  I didn’t know what was funnier: the x-ed eyes on the sad, file-folder-of-death or the cliché, Tracey Morgan catch phrase.  I immediately deemed it worthy of a screen shot and a blog post. 

It’s nice to know that the folks over at Google have a sense of humor.  After a little bit of investigation, I realized I’m not the only one who thinks this is funny.  You can even buy an “Aw, Snap!” T-shirt.


(I’m pretty sure it says “GEEK” in big, bold letters on the back, too.)

11 comments:

Kate Rowan said...

I love that! Fantastic!

THUNDERCAT said...

lmfao I almost passed the hell out when I saw AWWW SNAP!! LOL

I would rock the hell out of that shirt!!
huhhhhhh that's what's up!!

Blogs said...

i'm not laughing just in case you cared! prob not...haha...i use it too...don't like some things but it is whatev!:)

Joy said...

<3 the Google. :)

Their homepage logo changes are awesome, too. Did you see the day when they made the logo into a functional Pac-Man game? Or when they incorporated different Sesame Street characters over several days for the 40th anniversary? Go Google!

And Go You for writing about the Google. :)

Cole Garrett said...

@ Inky Yeah, I remember the Pac-Man and the Sesame Street stuff. I love their little tributes. :)

Leigh said...

Awesome. I love Google.

Christine Wang said...

i kinda want the t-shirt now.

i was reading your last post about word verification and a lot of the words i get are almost sexual. i wonder how the words are actually generated...

Cole Garrett said...

You know, every time I think I figure out how the words are generated, I get one that throws that theory out the window...

Kisekae said...

hahaha thats awesome. I too have converted to chrome and will never go back! I also kind of want that shirt...like a lot...

Unknown said...

Can't say I wouldn't like a T-shirt like so ;)

daniela said...

I love my Chrome like no tmrw. And this page makes me feel less *grrr* when my page won't load :)

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily