See what else I'm up to > > > >


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And We're Off!

And We're Off!


As I so briefly mentioned on Monday, my wife-to-be and I finally picked out a date for our wedding.  It will be...

March 27th, 2011


In case the large font didn't make my point, this is very exciting.  It's also very soon.  Normally, I don't think men get too excited about weddings.  (Ironic, isn't it?  Since the guy typically asks the girl in the first place.)  Well, I am stoked.  At first, I had trouble putting into words why, but I've since corralled my thoughts, so here they are:  Top 5 reasons a groom should be excited to be getting married.  (Not necessarily my top 5, but 5 good ones.)

#1 You have the opportunity to spend the rest of your life with the someone who appears to you to be the most wonderful woman in the world.  Your princess, your soul mate, your bride.  (I feel a little obligated to say that one, but I mean it.)

#2 You get a vacation!  And if you have kids (like us), you get to ditch them with grandma and grandpa and go on a vacation.  Any complaints?

#3 You get a discount on your insurance!  Let's face it, driving cars around is not cheap.  Any help we married folk can get is welcome.  (After all, we're going to have to start paying for diapers for all those babies we're gonna be makin'.)

#4 Higher education magically becomes free!  Yep, for some reason, the government will throw buckets of money at you to go to college.  You can go to pretty much any non-football-based college for practically nothing.  (Men, you're gonna need those smarts to learn how to deal with women!)

#5 You can have all the hot, steamy, guiltless . . . um . . . cake you could ever want.  You still gotta work for it, though.

If I missed one, feel free to add it.  :)

6 comments:

Rease said...

I think this is wonderful. I don't really believe everyone gets to get married (happily) and I truly wish you the best! I'm excited that you are excited.

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

Congrats to you and your bride-to-be! :D

Jon said...

Congratulations! That being said, we need to have a talk. I've been married nearly 28 years and there are some things about women you need to know. Not bad things, just a reality check. Don't worry, you'll have a blast!

THUNDERCAT said...

Awwwwww!That is so sweet! Dude I wish you the best on your new adventure! Just keep doing the things you did when you two first met and you'll be fine ;)

StephanieC said...

Will she take your name? That is kind of a cool thing.

Congrats!! That date is soon!

Cole Garrett said...

Thanks everyone. And yes, she is taking my name. :) She's jokingly bummed, too, because we have the same last initial. (Growing up, she was always banking on a new one.)

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily