See what else I'm up to > > > >


Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Starbucks Logo

New Starbucks Logo


For its 40th birthday, Starbucks revealed that it will be changing its ubiquitous logo:


















I worked for Starbucks for about 3 of those 40 years, so for what it's worth, I approve.  I like where this is going.  (Although, I also have to say.  I'm glad they made the freaky double mermaid less obvious but I personally think they should add the . . . um . . . lady parts back in.  Now the hair's in the way.  Just kidding.  Kind of.)

So my random mind got to thinking: what if when we all turned 40, we could change our logos, our names?  What would you change your name to?  Something famous?  Something obscure?  How about Ronald McDonald?  William Clinton?  How about Bree Van De Camp?  Coco Chanel?

Or would you have more of a sense of humor and change your "logo" to something like Richard Banger or Jenny Tull.  Just curious...


3 comments:

the Tsaritsa said...

I personally hate the Starbucks logo. The mermaid has two fins because, according to legend, sailors would cut the mermaids up the middle so they could rape them. Pretty horrible, right?

the Tsaritsa said...

I just wanted to add that what I posted earlier may not be entirely true. I remember reading about it at a museum, but I cannot find a source to back me up. So please excuse my faux pas!

Kisekae said...

Hmmm I'm not completely sold on the new logo just yet.
I see where they were going, getting rid of the name, because clearly anyone not living in a cave (and even still, most cavedwellers) recognize the double mermaid to be iconic of Starbucks (although it is a bit presumptuous).

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily