See what else I'm up to > > > >


Monday, November 1, 2010

My Car Did

My Car Did


I'm a commercial geek.  I watch 'em. . . and I generally enjoy them.  I'm extremely judgmental about them, too.  I tend to be vocal about good advertising versus bad advertising.   (Like the recent Burger King breakfast commercials: stuuuuuuuupid.  Flute solo?  Really?)  Anyway, car commercials are almost always ranked among the worst.  Why?  Because they've all been done.  (Actually, Ford F-150 has had some very good ones over the last couple of years.)

There are only so many angles you can film a car doing donuts in the desert or zooming down unrealistically unoccupied city streets.  When that stops working, companies try to cram customer testimonials into their ads, when is never convincing.  Well, Mercedes Benz went the testimonial route.  The customers were very honest, but, well, see for yourself:



So let me get this straight, if you want to guiltlessly take your eyes off the road whenever you'd like, fall asleep at the wheel, and drive for more continuous hours than legally allowed by a semi-truck driver . . . then you should buy a Mercedes E-Class.  Right?  Did anyone else get that from that commercial?  You buy the Benz, you can be a lazy driver.  Cool.  How much is this going to cost?

Oh...

Guess I'll have to drive lazy in my regular car.

7 comments:

AmberLaShell said...

Well, I guess tha would take away any ideas someone has about trying to commit suicide in it.. Just as soon as you are about to drive yourself off of the cliff, your car stops you. Damn, LOL

Leigh said...

LOL at both you and Amber.

the Tsaritsa said...

I hate that Burger King commercial with the flute-- they could at least make it look like he's playing it! Yes, I am very judgmental when it comes to commercials, too.

Jumble Mash said...

LOL! Great post. So true!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I wonder if it brings your insurance premiums down? Just sayin'...

Erin

Anonymous said...

Sweet! So now I can text, change the radio, talk on the phone, eat, and drink my coffee all at the same time without worry of crashing into anyone! Maybe kick my feet back, take a nap...

Cole Garrett said...

@ Anonymous Yep, that's the gist of it! :)

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily