See what else I'm up to > > > >


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wedding Week: Thursday

The dress is a BIG DEAL.  Brides go crazy over their dress.  They watch wedding dress shows.  They read wedding magazines (mainly just to look at the dresses).  They scour wedding websites for dress ideas.  I'll bet if there was a wedding radio station, brides would listen to that, too!  Dress, dress, dress, dress.

None of the obsession really bothers me.  I'm just making an observation.  All of the wedding dress hoopla is actually funny.  Let me give you the basic outline of what happens:

Bride:     I'm going with my mom to look at wedding dresses.
Groom:  Oh, okay.
Bride:     It's not like we're going to find anything.  We're just looking.
Groom:  Sure.  (Sarcastically)
Bride:     Oh stop.  We'll probably look at ten places before I find one.
Groom:  Mm hm.  (Again, sarcastically.)

. . . 6 hours later . .  .

Bride:     Oh . . .
Bride:     My . . .
Bride:     Gosh!  I found it!  I found the one!  It's the one I've always dreamed of!
Groom:   I know . . .
Bride:     What do you mean, 'you know'?  I LOVE this one!  This is the one!  (Dances off into other room...)
Groom:   Never mind.

And it costs a pretty penny, too.  Couples could save a whole bunch of money if they would just buy their dresses here:


They may not have wedding magazines, but they definitely sell other magazines.  :)

3 comments:

Claire said...

*snickers* And the mothers and grooms would probably appreciate the beer too. Anesthesia!

Unknown said...

Bahaha!! A store selling wedding gowns named "Hussey's" would be a funny sign itself. Add guns and cold beer? Now that's a place I'd shop at, for sure.

Kara Hoag said...

Man, it's like they sell for the wedding and the whole marriage!

visions unto myself

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily