See what else I'm up to > > > >


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Double Dose

Cursed daylight savings!!!

Yesterday morning, I was very tired.  It wasn't because I went to bed particularly late.  It was because my alarm has been going off particularly early.  Why?  Daylight-freaking-savings.  Grrrrr!!!!  Here's what happened when I got to work:

I put my stuff down at my desk.  Next, I considered the unpredictable coffee already in the coffee pot at work.  Then, I considered the highly predictable Starbucks Via instant coffee in my desk drawer.  Any guesses which won?

Via.

So I grabbed my trusty mug, added some via, some splenda, some cream, AND . . .

---Side note---
Normally, one would add piping hot water to make instant coffee.  Well, due to my gross lack of sleep and unusual morning grogginess, I grabbed the coffee pitcher (instead of the hot water) and went to town on my beautifully prepared instant coffee mixings.

Also normally, one would notice when they perform a regular task in an irregular way.  Not me.  Not yesterday.
---End side note---

So I sit back down and begin reading my emails.  The coffee smelled particularly strong, but I took no note.  As soon as I thought my coffee would be cool enough no longer burn the very buds from my tongue, I took a sip . . . bad move.

Have you ever been in one of those situations where you drink something really really bad and you have to spit it out like you see on TV?  Or spew because you drink something and someone makes you laugh?  Today was one of those days.  I nearly spewed my coffee EVERYWHERE!  Why?  Because instant coffee made with coffee tastes like monkey bung hole!  (That's just speculation, by the way.)

Note to self:  Don't make instant coffee with actual coffee.
Note to readers:  Don't make instant coffee with actual coffee.  It's putrid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily