See what else I'm up to > > > >


Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday 7/2

Alex

Weathermen officially need cue cards.  I heard this on the news Wednesday morning:

“Luckily, hurricane Alex has taken a swing South and will now be hitting northern Mexico, and not Texas.”



Lucky, huh?  Not very sympathetic, is he?  (I’m not going to tell you who it was, because I don’t want to throw anyone under the bus.)  If you ask me, hurricanes are bad news no matter what country they hit.  I don’t care if we do have illegal immigration problems with our southern neighbor, I wouldn’t wish them ill will.  If we were all lucky the hurricane would have died back down to a tropical storm and then down to just some drizzle that hits the coast. 

You know what, though?  The anchor probably didn’t even realize what he said.  (He probably didn’t mean it that way, either, but he said it.)  But do you think the weather people on the Mexican news stations proclaim their good fortune when a hurricane turns to Texas?  I doubt seriously. 

So if a fire ever burns down your neighbor’s house with everyone in it, don’t tell an interviewer, “Luckily, it wasn’t us!”  Have some compassion.

By: S. Cole Garrett

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily