See what else I'm up to > > > >


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday 5/26

4th Meal

Do you know why they call breakfast breakfast?  It’s pretty simple.  By eating it, you are breaking the fast of sleeping.  The reason the time between dinner and breakfast is twice as long as between other meals is because you should be sleeping and recovering your body.  One thing you probably shouldn’t be doing is eating!  Not according to Taco Bell.

I realize 4th meal has been around for a while, but something made me think of it the other day (Probably when I was out for a midnight burrito).  It’s like someone at Taco Bell HQ was thinking, “our sales are really low in the middle of the night.  Now how do we turn that around?  Oh, I know!  How about we throw the entire traditional, 3-meal-a-day concept out the window and make people think that it’s healthy to eat late and sleep on a full stomach!”

It’s genius!  Except the part about throwing the entire traditional, 3-meal-a-day concept out the window and making people think that it’s healthy to eat late and sleep on a full stomach.  The last thing we need at the end of the day is a day’s-worth of calories.  Oh well, there’s no point in fighting it.  As a matter of fact, many people embrace it.  I probably won’t be eating too many 4th meals, but I’ll roll with it, too.

There is, however, one thing I can’t understand.  What’s up with all of the backward ‘3’s in place of ‘E’s.  If they’re trying to send a subliminal message or something, I’m not getting it.  It’s just distracting.

By: S. Cole Garrett

2 comments:

Dr. Heckle said...

I love sleeping on a full stomach. I think if I had to cut down to one meal a day, it would be 4th meal. AND only at Taco Bell, of course.

I'm reminded of that scene in "Demolition Man" when they say that in the future all restaurants are Taco Bell... hahaha

Cole Garrett said...

Eventually, Taco Bell will start serving breakfast, too, and be open for those last couple of hours. Then, you could just sit there all day, in the bathroom stall, that is.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily