See what else I'm up to > > > >


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday 5/19

Reduce, Reuse, and what?!

How could this topic have been avoided this long: Going Green.  Recycle your bottles and cans!  Reuse your grocery bags!  Reuse your reusable grocery bags! (which are terrible for the environment if you throw them away, by the way.)  Don’t drink bottled water!  Don’t shower!  You’d be fooling yourself if you don’t think the green movement is going a little overboard.  And by little, I mean a lot!

I’m all for saving the environment and trees.  Although, if you know me, you know what I say about saving trees: “Lumberjacks gotta have jobs, too, ya know!”  And we can do some pretty cool things with all those used plastic grocery bags, like make park benches and sidewalks.  I think recycling is great, as long as it’s convenient.  So where does all that stuff (crap) go?

Right back around to YOU!

Sometimes you know it, and sometimes you don’t.  If you wipe your hands on paper towels in a public restroom, they’re probably made from recycled paper.  Eat cereal out of a box?  Gotchya there, too.  Many plastic bottles and jugs are made at least in part from recycled materials.  Some consumers consciously buy post-consumer products knowingly and supportively!  Yay, go them.  You know when they really deserve applause, though?  When such consumers take it to this level:


Oh, yeah, baby!  Toilet paper that’s already…been… … post-consumed.  Are you rushing out to get some right now?  Probably not.  Not because you’re still reading, but because it just doesn’t have a good ring to it, does it?  Recycled toilet paper!  The future in hind-wiping!  I’ll pass.  Besides, it got some poor product reviews.  Apparently, it’s too “scratchy.”  I can’t guess why.

By: S. Cole Garrett

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom's boyfriend bought some recycled toilet paper because it happened to be on sale (this was before I realized I was using recycled toilet paper), and the first thing I said after using it was something along the lines of "Okay, who thought it'd be funny to put sandpaper in the bathroom?" That paper was absolutely horrid!

Post a Comment

 

(c)2012 Dry Humor Daily